Help! Tremors in brain while falling asleep. Brain does not feel normal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am some what relieved I have found this forum. The past 4 weeks I have been experiencing tremors in my head while trying to fall asleep and usually as I am about to wake up. I am 45yr old female not on any medication, who was recently taking methylprednisolone 4mg 6 day dose for my sciatic pain. I noticed shortly after I started experience these tremors, headaches and occasional pains in my head. This is making it very difficult to get a decent sleep. The last few days the tremors has been going down my neck. During the day I am ok. My issue during the day is brain has not been feeling like it normally does, it feels very strained and spaced out and I don't like the feelings I am getting. I have been worrying alot and I know this doesn't help. I went back to the neurologist over a week ago, I did some blood work and he ordered a MRI of the brain which I had done today. I guess next week I will have some results. I am hoping it is something that can be resolved. This has been very taxing on me mentally and it'sa daily struggle and it doesn't help that I have been laid off since March. Has anyone experienced this? Could it be a side effect of the medication? What could it be? What can I do in the mean time to help calm my situation so I can get a decent sleep?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Look after your health and work out more often. Try promoting mental health by having omega 3 supplements and drink less caffeine. It could be stress that is causing this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.