Help! What is Going On???

Posted , 5 users are following.

It all started after my pap smear (normal).  I was doing great before this.  After her pelvic exam, it burned bad.  She said it was the lubricant and I was sensitive to it.  About a week and a half later, I got an UTI.  It took forever to go away.  Along w/ it came pain after urinating.  Once the UTI was gone, the pain stayed.  It doesn't happen every time.  I went back to my gynecologist, and she did another pelvic which also was fine.  This time, after the exam, it burned really bad to the point I could hardly sit down for four days.  She sent me to an urologist who did an ultrasound and cystoscopy both which were normal.  I told the urologist of the lubricant burning because his did not.  He said I very well could've had a reaction to the lubricant used and to give it a few more weeks.  I am still having the pain at times after urinating.  Just when I think it may be better, it happens again.  Now, I've noticed there are times when I sit down, it feels like gas coming out of my vagina.  What in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Is this?????

?If anyone out there has experienced this, I desperately want to help!  I do NOT want to go back to the gynecologist or urologist because I do NOT want to be examined again!!!!!  I just wish i knew what this is.  Thank you for reading and I hope someone has some input.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Many professional lubricants contains methylparabens and propyl parabens. They are x estrogen or fake estrogen and pretty harmful to some people if they have alergy to parabens.

They are harmful even in topical creams and serums. Inform your gyno so she is using non alergenist lubricant.

• Posted

If the doctor thought you were sensitive to the lubricant the first time why did she use it the second time? If she doesn't remember it is up to you to tell her. You are one of many, whereas you have only one vagina ;-)

Some of what you are describing sounds like AV. Some women have said it seems to have come on all at once. Mnay experience UTI's because of it. I do not, but cannot tolerate exams. Wat too painful.

You have not mentioned your age and if you are able to have sex without these same symptoms. If you can, it doesn't sound like AV. Not sure, but for now definitely stay away from that lubricant.

• Posted

Wow, I'm afraid to go to the Doctor now, I am having burning issues whenever I get hot and sweaty or ride my bike, my vagina starts burning like fire, I was having a lot of trouble with utis and am on a daily regimen of nitrofurantoin for prevention, as that is the only antibiotic that helps, but it is not a UTI it has to be something involving my vagina. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I am afraid I am gonna have severe burning afterward, cause just sweating makes me burn down there.

• Posted

Longer you will be on antibiotics worse it gets.

Antibiotics destroy all your bacteria including beneficial.

Did your ever had check for hormonal balances?

I felt like you 4 years ago.My estradiol was extremely low progesterone nonexistent testosterone as well.Doctor put me on topical bio identical progesterone, intravaginal estrogen and estradiol 80/20 and once in a blue moon topical testosterone. I feel great, problems gone.I am 64 feeling like 34.

And I have regular once a year blood work done completely plus hormones. And every year ultrasound pelvic and abdominal.

Find different gyno.

• Posted

And by the way I take daily pharmaceutical grade fish oil magnesium Viramin K and Probiotics to keep healthy bacterial balance including vaginal flora.
    • Posted

eva, I have tried probiotics for intestinal issues, but it wasn't until I started  drinking kefir that my body has almost returned to normal after many, many years of digestive issues despite previous attempts to solve them. The changes were nearly immediate. I have recommended it to a (male) friend who has also had great success with it. I haven't noticed any improvement re my AV, but was hoping it might make a difference. I do take EFA and various supplements, but not K.

Is the doctor you are seeing a regular gynecologist or does she specialize in these issues?

• Posted

Beverly my doctor is gynecologist,who specializes in bio identical hormones.I used have an osteoporosis.Since I am on these bio hormones,plus my supplements my bone de

Misty went 15% up and female issues are gone.VitaminK and Vitamin D are must,they deliver calcium to the bones,from food.And I get calcium only from food.

It's wonderful to find doctor who is medical doctor and open to other then pharmaceuticals.

It's not covered by public health,but it's worth every penny.Kefir or PROBIOTICS is only part of whole solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.