Herion over dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

my stepdad over dosed on china white last night medics were pretty sure it was laced with fentanyl because it took me doing cpr from the time he quit breathing till they got here 5 doses of narcan here at the house another in the ambulance on the way and shocking him twice to bring him back.

not sure what they did in the er because we couldn't go In because of this virus. and the fact my step dad has sever memory issues (some times i think he just doesn't want to remember or tell us stuff but that's a whole other topic)

i am 98 % sure i broke at least two of his ribs. they didnt do xrays

today he can bearly move with out screaming which I understand is from the ribs, he is having chills, possibly a fever he won't let me check it, and most concerning is the dark orangey red urine and the numbness in his left arm. i called the er and they couldn't give me medical advice but the nurse help line advised me to call our gp and when i told her i couldn't because of the whole "hmg cluster *&$%" (our local network is in a big mess up right now) she was able to tell me that he "might" need to be seen again

could I have done something to his kidneys doing cpr could the heroin have done something as far as i know hes not a chronic user his usual drug of choice is alcohol and pain pills. I don't know what to do. I feel horrible that I caused this pain. but idk what to do about the other symptoms and my mom is an emotional wreck

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I hope your Dad has recovered?

• Posted

yes he is OK. we ended up taking him back to the er two days later. he had became severally dehydrated and developed pneumonia in both lungs (most likely aspirated while I was doing cpr) he was there for 7 days but he is home and almost his normal irritating self. he swore he's not gonna do anymore drugs but some how I don't believe it because there have been more signs of his use

thank you very much for asking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.