Hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

anyone had problem with hernia a feel mines is pushing into my chest

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do you mean a hiatus hernia, and have you already been diagnosed with it?

• Posted

its not a symptom i've heard of before . its usually indigestion/heartburn with burning sensation at the bottom of the sternum .

Any problems swallowing, food feeling stuck on its way down to your stomach, or problems with vomiting?

I suggest you see your GP.

• Posted

yes my doctor has writen to hospital to get me seen a have hardly eaten becase its to sore

• Posted

i'm a nurse, so I'm glad you've seen your doctor and got a referral to a Consultant. I'm sure they'll see you soon and do an endoscopy. I assume you've had one before so nothing to worry about. I hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

certainly. do you mean an email?

My email address is:

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

That's ok. I didn't know the system had a messaging service.

• Posted

Jean doesn't have an inguinal hernia (in her groin) she has a hiatus hernia where the stomach pushes up through the diaphragm. She was waiting to see a Consultant but I haven't heard from her since. Maybe I'll message her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.