Herpes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with hsv2 couple months ago. Ive had several outbreaks. This one worst but i havent told my boyfriend, which hasnt had any. I tried to push him away but hes making it difficult. How do i tell him?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your predicament. rolleyes Do you know who you got it from? If you suspect your bf, then just say you've been having problems down there and maybe you should both get tested, because you're not feeling right, hence the pushing away. You can then test together, even though you've already tested. Alternatively, you can say the above and just tell him the truth and that he may be a carrier, so he should get tested, too. Not easy, but it has to be said somehow. Good luck!
    • Posted

Not sure where i got it from. Weve been together on n off 10 yrs. We hav 2 kids together. When i got tested they told me my numbers were low meaning i had it for a while. They asked if i had ob but i wasnt sure bc i always mistaked them as risens. But not long after i was sure im having ob's! He recently had sti test but they didnt test him for herpes so he thinks hes clean. But he hasnt had any ob
    • Posted

Just because he hasn't had any outbreaks doesn't mean that he's not infected and was possibly the one who gave it to you. Tricky situation, but good if you could get him to test for herpes somehow.

Actually, a higher number is indicative of an older infection. Did you test by herpeselect? What was your index value?

• Posted

Well maybe i said it backwards. But however they said i had it for a while. Which doesnt make since bc i kno im havin ob's now! Unless i jst kno wat to look for now. But i threw the papers away so fast so i dnt kno wat my numbers were. Not sure of the test jy was blood work. But i tell him my symptoms and as much as he stay on google i would think he would kno
  • Posted

I would tell him, he may be more supportive then you think. Hare you on supressive therapy? I'm currently in my ob as well. It's awful.
    • Posted

No i havent bc wen i found out i wasnt sure if i had ob's so i wasnt prescribed any. But im most positive now! I dnt think he'll be supportive bc recently he was talkin bot somebody for having it. Saying they were talking bout it like it was normal😞He was tested for sti's but they didnt chek for herpes. Im secretly goin to my doctor monday bc i cant take dealing wit the ob's. This is the worst one!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.