herpes help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Four years before I had sex..now I am having problem of urine retention tingling sensation on leg, toes,buttocks and sometimes on genitals continously from last two months. I tested for std all came back negative only positive for igg hsv 1/2..then I ordered type specific hsv igg test which came out negative for both hsv 1 and 2. I am bit confused about this test whether I am positive or negative for herpes???? I never had an outbreak but continously tingling sensation from two months. Is it possible to have this sensation without having outbreak????

My type specific igg results are

Hsv 1 igg . 21 (negative)

Hsv 2 igg .15 (negative)

Which one should I consider???

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

How soon after sexual contact, did you have a blood test done?
    • Posted

I did protected sex..I had this blood test after four years...when I feel tingling sensation and urine retention problem..I heard only type specific igg blood test should be considered
  • Posted

And yes, it is possible to have those symptoms and actually never have a sore appear.
    • Posted

sensation lasting from last three month in feets lower limb, buttocks, thighs...accompanied with lower back pain...can after four years problem of urine retention can be caused by hsv 2???
    • Posted

I mean you have symptoms that can be herpes, but you haven't had any sexual contact since that last one 4yrs ago? And I ask protected and unprotected, including oral?
    • Posted

I haven't had sex from last four years..I did protected sex... no oral sex at all...and I did sex once in my life and that was four year ago..after four years I am having this problem...there fore I ordered blood test myself no doctor recommended for blood test...my combo blood test came out positive..then I approached for type specific to know which one I contracted, which came out negative.. I was totally confuse which test is to be considered..
    • Posted

IgG is the preferred standard. I recommend doing the western blot test, to know it out a doubt, but based on those results it says negative.

Google Westover Heights clinic and they can send a test over to you. I'm going to assume you are not in the US?

• Posted

Yes you are right I m not in US. Please tell me that western blot can provide me type specific result???i want to know that type specific igg is more reliable or combo igg( that cant differentiate between hsv 1 &2)????
    • Posted

Yes, it is the best test to test w herpes, bit it is expensive. So you've never found a bump or two in you?
    • Posted

Not a bump...but a red patch on glans that is lasting from two months, my doctors says it is yeast infection...plz tell can herpes sore can last for two months???
    • Posted

I've seen it happen, but not very common. Usually someone w a weak immune system, was neevr put on meds and was a primary OB. Can you post a pic of your rash?
    • Posted

I am new to this forum can you please tell from where and which option I can upload a pic so that you can examine it
    • Posted

Option is not available from your phone, you will have to hop on a computer.
    • Posted

Okkk... R u also living with herpes ???if you are please tell me about your symptoms and how frequently ob occurs???
    • Posted

Yes I am. It is different for everyone to be honest, because it's all about how our immune system handles the virus and our immune systems are as unique as our thumb prints. .

I had a particularly bad reaction to herpes and it has taken me a yr to get it under control. Up until recently I had one internal sore during my cycles, I get a tingling sensation, along w crawling, itching, pins and needles, a burning sensation here and there on my genitals, buttock and back of thighs.

I am on daily meds, so if I had an OB, it was from my period or if I drink more than 4 drinks of liquor. Now my obs are just a red bump or a couple.

I really think you're letting your anxiety get the best of you. Did you take the Elissa test for the herpes IgG? I think you should stop worrying.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience..yes I did elisa type specific igg test...so how many days after sexual contact you got symptoms...and from how many years yiu are living with hsv?? reason for my anxiety is my parents forcing me for marriage I am in dilemma what to do
    • Posted

I think you shouldn't worry based on your last test results. You've not been sexually active at ALL for at least 6 months prior to take that IgG test right? If so then stop worrying. I would contact that Westover Heights clinic I told you about.

I had symptoms faster than most... I had symptoms w in 2-3 days after sexual contact.

I've had it for a yr now.

I'm going to make the assumption you are of Indian decent?

• Posted

Wow great how you come to know about that m from India...my only worry is about marriage how to tell about this to my family that I m having this virus. I cant spoil the life of anyone else...but it nice to talk with you u are a nice person, r u married or single ??? And what you do???
    • Posted

Your screen name was one indicator and arranged marriage was another one. I also know you guys are not really supposed to have sex outside of marriage, so there's a possibility you saw a prostitute and why you are so anxious about possibly having anything, am I right? I work w a lot of Indians, so I have some insight into the culture.

I'll answer the rest of the questions in priavte message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.