Herpes on Inner elbow???

Posted , 3 users are following.

5 days ago (tuesday), I noticed lesions on my labia and knew immediately it was herpes (I had sex with a new partner, unprotected, 5 days prior). I went to the doctor 2 days later (thursday) and she confirmed it was herpes. I started Acyclovir immediately (3x a day for 10 days). My herpes breakout got incredibly worse between thursday-saturday but today (sunday) I woke up an they look like they are starting to begin to scab (starting to see red outlining the blisters, drying up, etc). I'm still in intense pain and I realize as this is my primary OB, it's going to be a tough time. 

HOWEVER... I noticed this morning a bump on my inner elbow. I was outside all day yesterday so I realize this could be a bug bite. But could it be a herpes blister?? Since this is my primary OB and I have had a tough time accepting my diagnosis, every little thing has me freaking out. I've been on meds for 3 full days so I would find it surprising to be forming new outbreaks? I wash my hands really well anytime I even get close to touching my genitals and make sure not to touch other body parts so I hope I didn't "spread" it? 

Anyway, do these pictures look like a herpes blister or an ant bite? Sorry this is lengthy, I'm still really overwhelmed by having HSV2. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Obviously these are not herpes blister on your elbow.

Herpes infection appear on genital, or anus, or mouth (these are called mucous membranes where the herpes virus thrive).  These tend to scab and go away in few weeks unless your immune systems is week or have multiple infections from other sources. 

• Posted

I know it was months ago but wondering if you have had any more blisters on elbow area. 

I just had my first genital OB and my first blisters were on my hand, which is how I think I got it since I had protected sex and very little contact in gential area. 

It has been about 2 weeks and i thought my OB was over but just saw a bump on my inner elbow very similar to your photo. 

Like you, this is crushing and each time I see a new blister in some random place I get sick to my stomach and lose any mental progress I have made in dealing with this.  

So wondering if I will be getting blisters all over my body forever now.  What has your experience been in the last while. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.