Herpes simplex 2

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! A have a recurent herpes simplex for 3 years. And my mother has vulvar cancer. Do you think that I can make the same desease like my mother? She is 67 years old, an I am 35...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm pretty sure that Herpes has not been linked to cancer at all... I was diagnosed this week, so I am not 100%.

The way I look at it, in this day and age we're told that so many things cause cancer. "Don't watch TV, you'll get cancer", what'll be next, "don't have sex!!! It'll lead to cancer". It sounds drastic but people pluck all sorts of ideas from the sky, so don't dwell too much!

I'm sorry to hear that your mother is unwell, focus on supporting her, and don't panic about your illness or implications of it.

Can I ask, how many outbreaks have you had since you were diagnosed?

• Posted

Unfortunatelly, lattely, almost every month. When I am on my period, or  ovulation.  I tried everything, but i see that nothing works. Nothing like valaciclovir, homeopathy treatment and all kind of natural treatments for immunity. I will change my doctor next moth...
  • Posted

Herpes is not any link to cancer. Victoria nailed it in her reply smile Victoria FYI I've had HSV-2 for ten years and I've had less than 8 outbreaks. Keep stress minimal if possible. Do you take meds? Add 400mcg daily of Folic Acid to build your immune system too. smile
    • Posted

Thank you! *bows* hehe

No I don't take anything, I'm just taking Aciclovir at the mo, as this is my first outbreak.

Where can I get that?! And is it dangerous if you take too much...? Urghhhh just want to avoid getting this outbreaks frequently, I can't walk very well and it's so hard to get comfy at night when I'm worried about sores sticking to eachother (sorry for TMI) :P

• Posted

HSV-2 does not cause cancer on its own, but it can facilitate the development of cancer if you have other conditions that predispose you to cancer, like high-risk HPV. HSV-1 has no bearing either way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.