Hi, I am new to this forum.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Psa in 2012 and was still working( which I loved) until November 2014 when I fell apart due to the symptoms and went off sick.Although on max does of Sulphasalazine and Methotraxate. I started Biologic treatment in  Jan 2015, hoping that things would improve and I would be able to return to work.I have tried two different Biologic now, and will be starting Ustekinumab ( Stelara) in a few weeks. Is there anyone that can give feedback on this particular treatment. I took ill health retirement in Sept 2015, but still hoping that I will be able to work at sometime!! 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I have a similar story, diagnosed 2012, lost my job thro ill health Oct 2014, had methotrexate induced hepatitis in 2013, allergic to sulphasalazine. Enbrel then Humira failed, severe pneumonia April 2015. Waiting to start Stelara. Very poorly at present (like a 100 year old corpse) so on prednisolone at present. I had no idea how horrible this disease could be. Over the past 2 weeks I have thought I was dying and at times wanted to, the pain and unwell feelings have been overwhelming. Thank you for posting, sorry i can't answer your questions but you have helped me eenormously because I know I'm not alone. Best wishes xx ps I loved my job too!

• Posted

Hi Shelia, I never realized that life could change so much!!!! I am really sorry that you are feeling so poorly!!!  I have thankfully a extremely supportive family and an amazing husband,but unless you have Psa you don't "get it".The pain is unreal at times although taking all this medication!!! I have recently started taking Turmeric tablets as well as they an anti inflammorty,( I did discuss with the RheumatologySpecial Nurse first ) No improvement yet! But hey!!  Off to hospital tomorrow for "specialized bloods" as policies for screening for TB has changed.( Although have had previous Biologic Treatment) Then hopefully will be starting Stelara in the next couple of weeks!! I am grateful to know that I am not alone too.Take Care xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen.

I have been on Stelara for 4 injection, and NOT on Methatrexate. BRILLIANT clear as a bell. 

I have 2 friends on Stelara and on Methatrexate, and they are clear.

Go for Stelara.

Good luck

Dave

• Posted

Hi Dave,

that's good to hear. My psoriasis is clear too currently. I've been prescribed Stelara for PsA which is a nightmare at the moment. Do you have any experience? Cheers

• Posted

Thanks David, that sounds really positive!!!! Now looking forward to the new treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.