hi i had surgury 2 weeks ago for sinus it is horrible

Posted , 4 users are following.

2 weeks ago i had surgury for this pilonidal sinus secondary incision  i have to get it packed everyday inside the open wound  it is horrible, i was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes to heal this stuipid thing? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately it may take several weeks, if not months, dependant on how much tissue was removed during surgery. My son continues to have his wound packed every day following surgery in November last year. It continues to bleed most days, however the reduction in size has significantly improved from 10cm x 8cm to 1.5cm x 1cm. It does not stop him enjoying his day to day activities.

Some people continue to have recurrent operations with Pilonidal Sinuses, and some are successful after the first surgery. Hopefully things will improve for you soon and no further surgery is required.

• Posted

Been 4-5 month now still painful and last week was in agony with pain unbearable was a abcess that burst must of been a build up of fluid had swab taking waiting for results never ending
  • Posted

I got my op done in mid December last year and it healed by Feb/March time so stay strong it gets better
    • Posted

I've had a swab done as it has a horrible smell but last week I had severe pain again and burst so it was a abcess again and waiting for results to come back been 4 month now 😟😞
    • Posted

I was in that situation for a year so be patient. I know it's hard but you will recover soon. Be positive, it will help you with the process. Also how are you doing right now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.