hi my CES back story

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I wanted to chime in here... I have had 3 major back surgeries on my L4-5 left side over the last 15 years the first being back in 2004 when my sciatica was so bad I couldn't stand up... The Dr. took a year of dragging thier feet and screwing around with shots to finally get me in for the lamadickectomy.  shorly befor ethe surgery i had a reoccurance of bedwetting this stopped for me in my late teens never an issue in the navy but now.  after the surgery, it went to full on incontinence.  The spine surgeon said there was no visible sign of CES but did say it could have had a center urination before it herniated outwards there was just too much as the urination was massive her words... effecting l4 and l5 nerve roots with done spurs.

The 2 fallowing back surgeries were about the same for pain lever and damage all taking about a year to get into surgery form first onset i have Medicaid so nothing ever is done quickly unless you drop dead.

one surgeon said there might be a mental connection to my incontinence smile super smart DR with GOD complex and was a complete A**... he was also the department head of Nero spine surgery here at major teaching hospital.

so now i live with being incontinent still have numbness in the buttock, feet, and my pelvic floor is out of sync according to a PT last week and now have developed Mild ED after the last surgery back in 07.   I get all my supplies provide though the states Medicaid program and have begun transitioning to the VA healthcare system

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ur not in the UK. You can go to a urologist. The do their own thing if they think u need a type of catheter or all the way with a wee stoma. Mine a ileal conduit stoma. I was weeing so reacted. Before the urgent surgury after I was ok for 2 month then I had trouble going then early 2009 I just stopped it became that urgent when I got to the a&e dept they relieved the pressure under local anersetic they cut a hole in my belly and bladder never seen a mess like it wee up in the air blood.anyway I had a Subic catheter. I at to have it changed ever 6 weeks it had a tap on it . I got a lot of infections so i had a permnent stoma. They left my bladder in but removed the bladder along with the postrate gland. Which is inside the bladder. No more erections but that did not bother me as i am numb from the waist to the top of my knees i get funny sensations .

Back to u see a urologist they should help.

• Posted

Yea been there done that with Urologist... I do have to cath every now and then when my back is really inflamed thik this last month when i was retaining really badly most of teh time my have neor reflux bladder so it empties when it feal like it LOL i am only numb in a few locations i got off luck for the most part that... I had one Dr do a nerver convection test on me to see what nevers were messed up and that hurt alot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.