Hiatus Hernia, mild bilious gastritis and mild esophagitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there

I was wondering whether anyone with these symptoms suffer with daily nausea?? I have cut everything out of my diet to no avail. i have had an horrendous pain 4x in the last six months, this lasts about an hour. To date I have had an endoscopy and mrcp, these showed the gastritis, esophagitis and a 2cm grade 3 hiatus hernia . Because of the pain and nausea my consultant asked for a ct scan, with the final test being the 24hr ph study, which i am not looking forward to at all!! I am taking 40mg esomeprazole twice a day and anti sickness tablets, i still feel so unwell.

My own GP suggested blood tests, my liver enzymes are elevated and my thyroid is borderline, i have just had them retested, awaiting the outcome.

I have previously read on here a different thread about the ph study, but no-one has said their symptoms are nausea and this pain?? I'm hoping someone can shed some light for me and what, if anything helped. tia

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Karry,

Sounds nasty I have also been getting 24/7 heartburn for about a year now, they probably want to do a blood test to see what else it could be as I doubt a HH alone would do all those things. Possibly pancreatitis? Sometimes they will do a breathtest to eliminate anything like bacteria (SIBO) as of the cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.