High Cholesterol and blood pressure age 31

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi just after some information if i can for my doughter.

She is 31 and told she has High Cholesterol and blood pressure and put her on statins, but was wondering what's the best thing she can do to lower it I.E diet / exercise.

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm 31 and had super high cholesterol like very high levels.( bare in mind I used to do strength training but haven't done cardio in 6 months)

Didn't want to take meds ,I did the following and my cholesterol dropped under 200.

For 3 months:

-Eliminated dairy except eggs whites

-Minimal red meat ,chicken breast once a day at least

-A lot of protein from soy like edamame, beans, and lentils

-Limit saturated fat as much as possible

-Eat barley bread, whole grains

-Eat a lot of oatmeal

-No white bread

-Brown rice and brown pasta

-avocado and anything green is important

-green tea

-no sugary drinks or limit sugar in tea/coffee

Ran once a week

Sprints once a week

2 days boxing

3 days strength workouts

No need for medicine. It might not work for everyone but it's worth a try

• Posted

To Add:

Bare in mind i used to weigh 92 kg and my  height is 192 but my eating habits were not the best and did no cardiovascular exercise.

Now i weigh 88 kg. I do recommend that you use an app to track food being eaten for 2 reasons:

1- to make sure she is not surpassing certain amounts of saturated and trans fats/cholesterol

2- to show to doctor/nutritionist if (god forbid) she still has high choloesterol after doing the diet and exercise.

Please let me know if you would like me to share my fitness diary. I used an app called my fitness pal.

For Blood Pressure i guess exercise + reducing sodium intake (Which you can also track on the app) will lead to a drop for sure. I did have 135/90 BP and now its 120/79 .

good luck!

• Posted

Thank you very much will pass this information on to my daughter

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.