High D Dimer/Heart Palpitations Please HELP!

Posted , 4 users are following.

10 months ago I began have really bad heart palpitations. I would become dizzy, nauseous, start vomiting etc. It got to the point where I was scared to leave my house because when they would come on, I would get faint and have to lay down. I went to the ER and my D Dimer was elevated at 800. They thought I could have a blood clot so they scanned my legs and I had nothing. This persisted for months. I went back to the ER and it was elevated once again. Before getting a CT scan, I decided to see a hematologist. Two days later I get a call from the hemotologist saying that my D Dimer is at 4000 and I need an emergency CT scan with contrast. I did the scan and all that was found was a node. She said this could be from an infection. The hemotologist has no idea why the D Dimer is elevated. I was tested again and it was at 2000. She did some genetic tests (I am not sure what specific tests she did) but they came out negative.

My main concern is the heart palpitations. They are so bad that it has

impacted my life. I tried taking a beta blocker and it did not help at all. Has anyone else had these symptoms and been diagnosed? Also I am a 21 year old female.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma. i also have various abnormalities on my blood. for me underlying causes are autoimmune and reumatological factors. It is often what to look when nothing else explain it

• Posted

hi im going through same thing elevated d dimer with no explanation. Has your ever normalized?

• Posted

Hey! Unfortunately it has not. It has lowered but not normalized. The last time I had it checked, it was at 800 (the max range was 200). It is still unknown as to why I have this. As someone mentioned above, it could be autoimmune/reumatological factors. I still need to have this checked out. I have been to so many doctors though that I have put this on the back burner. It does not seem to be causing any major problems so I am not worried about it right now. I ended up getting diagnosed with SVT which is why I was having heart symptoms (not caused by the D-DIMER). So definitely get your heart checked. I would get a monitor for a month if you can (this is only if you are having heart problems). If your only issue is the D-dimer then I would see a hematologist and immunologist.

• Posted

thank you emma for getting back to me . so last time you checked it was still four times higher than normal. when was that if you don't mind me asking? -also this has been going on for years?? ive been to hematologists

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.