High heart rate when moving around, PE

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PE 3 months ago, no right sided heart strain and PE caused by birth control, I am currently on Rivaroxaban. My heart rate shoots up as soon as i stand up and will get up to 140bpm doing slight walking, has anyone else experienced this? is it ever going to get better?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it will get better. Timescales vary for recovery though. It was months before I could walk any distance.

Heart rate going up that high with little exertion does sound a bit out if the ordinary. If I were you, I would have a word with my GP and see what they think.

• Posted

This happened to me . After my PE my heart rate went up when I stood up or walked . It takes a while I am 1 year out and still not 100% I went to a cardiologist and got an echo just to be safe . It takes time I still get shortness of breath But if you feel nervous go to ER I did too

• Posted

I have been to the a&e several times and had ecgs done, they said that it was fine but fast, did they find out what the cause was for you? did everything come back normal? thank you for your reply!

• Posted

i had a PE caused by hormones too (pregnancy) and had the same issue i was placed on a heart monitor for 24hrs and then put onto tablets (cant remember the name) to control my heart rate. it can be scary at times. i found carbs made it worse.

• Posted

My heart rate is fine at rest its just when im up and about doing things. Did they find a cause for your heart rate going high?

• Posted

thats how mine was. I dont know if they found a cause as such just said it was due to the PE. i stayed on the tablets throughout my pregnancy plus a bit and i've been off blood thinners and my heart tablets for over a year with no issues now

• Posted

thank you for this it is so reassuring! i know everyone is different but i dont see a cardiologist while september so in the meantime i can try and keep myself a bit calmer. i have been a nightmare with google and diagnosed myself with all sorts!

• Posted

no problem its a scary time. i still panic with every swell ache or pain. its getting easier though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.