High prolactin/ low cortisol

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, (I hope this is the right group I'm posting in, apologies if not) I'm looking for some help or any advice:

symptoms are

low iron

low vit d

previous low b12

weight gain (especially around belly look 8 months pregnant)

rapid heart rate

anxiety

depression

confusion with words and spelling

constantly tired in day but insomnia when bed time

cold hands and feet but very hot body

snappy

muscle aches over the slightest thing

just not myself at all, husband ha noticed a major change over the past year and half.

I'm 25, female and really struggling on what to do, dr done blood test results was high prolactin at 580, repeated a week later results at 980, referred to endo repeat again results were "technically normal" cortisol tested at 4PM results were low, retested a month later 9am results were 380, so now I've been told I'm having a short synacthen test. thyroid problems run rampant through my family but endo said results for that were fine. I just want answers I dont want to feel or look this way anymore so any help anyone has with be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.