Hip Bursitis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hip Bursitis?

I should preface by saying I’m a 67 year old male on no meds who used to weight train with light weights 3 times weekly. This past year I’ve been experiencing pain and stiffness in the outside point of my right hip which radiates down the outside of my leg, my knee, my calf and even the top of my foot with an achy throbbing sensation after the pain subsides but no swelling anywhere. It’s difficult to sleep some nights. Most mornings it’s difficult to put my sock on my right foot I’m so stiff. The pain worsens going up or down stairs or inclines with some groin pain on both sides when it’s bad. I can go for several days with no pain but the stiffness is always present. These attacks can last several days and then subside. Only to come back again several days later. The pain has gotten worse this past month of December. What’s worse is this month I developed pain in the back of my left knee and hamstring, no swelling but when I try to bend the left knee back towards my buttocks I feel pain and stiffness behind the knee and the hamstring. I’m not overweight but I do have a little bit of a stomach now that I never had up until a couple of years ago. My mother used to get bursitis in her shoulder and our dr used to give her a shot which I don’t think was cortisone. I’m thinking this is hip bursitis but I haven’t been to a dr since coronavirus and I don’t want to go to one right now. I can hardly bend to pick up anything from the floor nor get anything from the lower shelf of the fridge without pain. When these conditions flare up I have pain in both knees just standing but not sitting. For years I’ve never been able to lean my knees on the floor without pain but I never had pain and stiffness like this till recently. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at a health fair where you put your foot in some sort of machine. I’ve taken several falls or slips on stairs where my right leg, the one with the pain down the outside of my leg, ended up behind me but nothing was broken. I’d like to know what I can do to get rid of this pain.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.