Hip Dysplasia as an adult

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am currently 30, I was born with hip dysplasia, so no ball in my right socket. When I was 7 a Dr did a surgery taking some of my pelvic bone and putting it where I have no ball in the socket. (Sydney children’s hospital)

I am currently looking to see what a surgeon with experience can help me. I recently went to go see a surgeon, he has said what I have is rare he has never seen it before she he wanted me to see another surgeon. However that surgeon does seem young, he mentioned pelvic realignment but he is unsure as he has to get advice from other surgeons.

I just am getting a lot of anxiety because I don’t want the wrong thing to happen to me and I would like to get advise, where would be the best place for me to go.

I live in Perth city , Western Australia

Does anyone have any advice around doctors in australia or what kind of surgery they have had as an adult in this situation ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.