Hip pops in and out

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a fitness instructor and had my hip replacement nearly 4 years ago, in the last year if I bend over too far it pops in and out there is no pain but I'm worried that maybe I'm doing too much exercise. Recently I've experienced pain if I do a yoga pose with both legs straight off the ground in a sitting position! Why am I experiencing pain now after 4 years? It's not painful when I teach my zumba clssses but when I e done 4 classes back to back I feel my lower back hurts which extends to both hips even though only one hip has been replaced!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think your surgeon would be the place to get the best answers to your questions. I was 67 when I had a THR and can't imagine doing anything like what you have been doing. Chances are that you are doing too much. The lower back pain might be totally unrelated to your hip replacement. I hope an orthopedist can help you figure this out.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, I've always done fitness so for me it's my job as well as a way of life, I'm 47 and was back working after 3 months post surgery so maybe I am doing too much! My surgeon is available to ask as I've moved from the area and like I said it's 4 years ago. I just need to know if their is anything I can do to strengthen that hip more.

• Posted

You said that your surgeon IS available to ask? Maybe you meant that he is not available.

Regardless, for any definitive answer about the "popping out" of your hip hardware would best come from an orthopedic surgeon. I'd make an appointment with one, a different one if necessary, if I were you. That popping out would have me very concerned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.