hip replacement

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a hip replacement 5 weeks ago , and I still have the feeling like pins and needles in my little finger, does anyon else get this .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not pins and needles in little finger. Is the finger swollen or black and blue. Could it be from using walker canes. My Hans and fingers are sore and palm of had. 

Try anti inflams and icing your finger. See no reason how THR should effect finger unless you have arthritis and bumped or somehow cause a flair.

take care get well soon.

• Posted

What do you mean by "still"? When did this start? 

Due to the length of time I have been on crutches / sticks, I have developed carpal tunnel in both hands. Its worst in the morning when I wake, and it started on the outside fingers and moved inwards. If this sounds like you, my physiotherapist taught me a neat diagnostic trick. Loosely hang your lower arm out of the bed over the edge.  Just let it flop there a minute or two. If that relieves it, then it's carpal tunnel! Another one is to put your arm out straight forwards from the shoulder, and turn your palm outwards and upwards, like traffic cop saying stop! Now, with the other hand gently press back the fingers. That relieves carpal tunnel too.

I have exercises with therapy putty to help reduce the problems - both are easy to find on the internet.

• Posted

Hi the problem is my little finger feel like I have pins and needles at the top of my finger, it only happen after my hip replacement, and I have it all the time ..
    • Posted

Thank I will try the putty therapy. .
    • Posted

You've maybe for a bit of irritation in the nerves of the spine. Try the putty therapy, and also back stretches- stand up straight, hands on hips; then bend backwards FROM THE WAIST as far as you can comfortable go, then forwards, then to each side. Do that several times a day. See if it improves. If it gets worse then see your gp. It shouldn't get seriously worse, but if it suddenly does, go to accident and emergency. It's very, very rare that it will get seriously worse, but if it does that could be a sign of serious nerve damage. Unlikely though so don't worry. We get these little things often, and most of the time we don't even notice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.