Hip replacement anterior 2 months ago,

Posted , 2 users are following.

My operated leg is 1.2 cm longer. I have an indentation in my muscles below the surgical spot and I am still struggling to strengthen my leg muscles. at the top of my incision I have bump that has fluidin it but doesn't appear to be infected. is this normal 🤔

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

all your the things on your lists are very normal . there is short term healing 10-12 weeks and long term healing 6 months to a year or longer depending on the damage to the joint surrounding tissue , muscles, ligaments . do you know how much a centimeter is? it's 0.393701 of one inch. seriously not a big deal. the other hip probably has osteo too .

take one day at a time. ya can't rush healing , it will get better in time. you have been thru a serious trauma on your body. i have had three THR surgery's and each one is different. all that is needed is just walking , working on heal to toe gate , stability . new shoes and good arched will help you along. old shoes are worn to your old walking gate throw them away. you dont need physical therapy... in fact studies show that physical therapy does more harm than good.

all of a sudden you will be walking with no pain and your mobility restored.

sending healing vibes your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.