HIP REPLACEMENT POST OP

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi hope my friends you are doing well, i wanted to ask you all, i am only 5 weeks post op. After your 12 weeks recovery ie staying at home when did you feel comfortable to bend down to get something out of the fridge/ or freezer or to get something out of the cupboard. I am unable to do it anyway as i have a very bad back, which makes me laying on it difficult but i have done it for 5 weeks now. I just wondered when you all guys felt safe and they say to put your operated leg behind you is that right?, i was just curious. I have read that so many people have been having problmes with the new hip replacement, ie it coming out etc, take care my friends, i will fill you in what happens wheni have to go back and see my surgeon, my staple hole is still leaking , still have dressing on, if it is leaking on Monday my Surgeon is taking me back in, ie knock me out  and make a small incision to see what is going on and why this is happening to me, i will only be in for 1 night, but i feel i am going backwareds here, i came out on the15th Jan to come home, feels like is never ending 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are having a hard time, I'm sorry about that . I'm nearly 3 weeks on and also have a bad back . I have been lunging on good leg and putting operated leg out straight behind me ever since I got home from hospital ( 5 days on). I can load and unload dishwasher if I do it slowly , put washing on etc . Physio told me it's fine to do that . If something has dropped onto the floor intend to use the litter picker .

Hope you get sorted soon x

• Posted

Firstly yes I feel comfortable bending down, golfers bend. Watch them pick a ball out of the hole.

Part of the reason that you may end up in theatre again is that any infection may be very deep seated and the antibiotics, even if theoretically effective, cannot do the job properly. So an explore, drain or washout is a possibility. I have dealt with a lot of samples taken like this in the lab where I work.

Do not think of it as going backwards but as a small bump to get over. We all have something afterwards that does not go to planA

• Posted

Maggie they did do a swab 2 weeks ago it came back as an infection, what one i do not know could be anything. I am on my 3rd lot of Flucloxacilling but i really don't think it is touching it. My healing is coming along great, other than this tiny staple whole, my Surgeon the other afternoon put a cotton bud itto it and said it was not deep, then he put in a Syringe of Saline into it, i am having a shower later, i have yet another waterproof dressing on it, hubs changes it. I know what it making it so much harder for me is that my Dad passed away a day after i got out of the hospitl, finding the strength is so hard, i lost my Mum 3 years this month. Grieveing fo rmy Dad and Mum just make it all see too much, i am such a touch person inside, but when my Dad passed it was just to much to bare. 
    • Posted

Flucloxacillin is usually only prescribed for Stah aureus infections. I am not a qualified medic, but a scientist in microbiology. I do work with the consultant medical microbiologists who are often called by the surgeons to give advice, this advice is often based on the results that I produce. Operation samples are often difficult to process as the bacteria are often affected by the antibiotics and need TLC to revive them. Sometimes additional antibiotics are used together with or instead of flucloxacillin, when this is done we perform additional tests to ensure that the new antibiotics effective against that particular bacterial isolate. Upshot is they will solve your problem
    • Posted

Dear daywalker, 

My sincere condolences with the loss of your father and also your mother at her 3rd anniversary - That is a lot to deal with, darling -

Be extra gentle with your self -

Thinking of you 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

It is the blasted leaking it just won't stop , if it is like this on Monday night when i see my Surgeon i am in on Tuesday morning, which is not what i ever thought would have happen to me, i guess it has to happen to someone, i got the short straw x 
  • Posted

Ditto to the other posts. I'm 5 weeks post op and I've been bending down for a couple of weeks, putting my op leg behind me. It's good to load and empty the washing machine and tumble dryer! Your body will tell you when it feels up to it. Don't rush, we're all at different levels and you have a bad back to consider also.

Hope you get sorted.

• Posted

I'm still worried about bending also when is it safe o go back to Pilates and are there any exercises that are a big no no?  Regards to all Sue x
    • Posted

I started back to Pilates at 6 months. That after I had finished the extra physio and hydro. I do not sit cross legged on the floor or twist in two directions at once
  • Posted

I started bending over like an over stuffed ballerina about 8 weeks after asking like you when and how.

oh hun, I hope you don't have to go back to theatre, good luck hunxx

sue

• Posted

Oh so sorry to hear it's not clearing up - I know what It's like to have a second surgery, at least it sound slike yours won't be asbig as my second one.

We'll all be thinking of you having this extra procedure.  Let us know how it all goes for you.

Graham - 🚀💃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.