HIV

Posted , 3 users are following.

I dont know if it me being stupid or not but I thought you could only get HIV from someone that has HIV. Someone told me that you can get it from Anal sex due to the bug being in everyone's body and it sits in the gut ? I right in saying this just is not true aren't I ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You are absolutely right though it can be caught in other sexual ways.  Despite all the hype HIV is not very common in the UK.  There are about 60million people in UK and the Guardian reports that 130000 odd cases of HIV/AIDS

The main groups at risk are men who have sex with men [about 45% of total] those - of both genders - who are from sub-Saharan Africa and injecting drug users who may share needles with an infected person.

• Posted

Yep, you never contract HIV by default. Your partner must have it to pass it.

• Posted

and your correct, HIV is NOT in everyones body, anus or gut.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.