Hiv and herpes testing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Question 4. How long after exposure can fourth-generation tests effectively rule out HIV infection?

A study using a variety of HIV-1 seroconversion sample panels, in conjunction with statistical modeling, estimated that half of patients become repeatedly reactive on fourth-generation testing within 18 days after HIV infection; more than 99% have reactive results within 45 days after HIV acquisition. Therefore, HIV infection is very unlikely (ie, less than 1%) in patients with negative fourth-generation test results at least 45 days after the most recent exposure. 

Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) is responsible for several clinically significant human viral diseases, with severity ranging from inapparent to fatal. Clinical manifestations include genital tract infections, neonatal herpes, meningoencephalitis, keratoconjunctivitis, and gingivostomatitis. There are two HSV serotypes that are closely related antigenically. HSV Type 2 is more commonly associated with genital tract and neonatal infections, while HSV Type 1 is more commonly associated with infections of non-genital sites. Specific typing is not usually required for diagnosis or treatment. The mean time to seroconversion using the type specific assay is 25 days. The performance of this assay has not been established for use in a pediatric population, for neonatal screening, or for testing of immunocompromised patients.

————-

I tested for herpes and hiv 11 weeks and 2 days after possible exposure.

I did the 4th generation combo test for hiv and the specific igg for herpes

I haven’t had any outbreaks or symptoms other than nerve pain down legs. Especially left down. Up between thighs and under buttcheeks. I found that information above on the labs website where I did my testing.

Has anyone had nerve pain and it be herpes. 

Has anyone’s results changed after 11 weeks for either of these tests. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i hve tested twice for std infection. 30 days after exposure and 11 months later. result the same negative

all through blood vein. hsv 1 and 2. igg and igm. hiv, vdrl tpha. hepatitis too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.