Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

My FNAC report say's " Comments : The overall cytological features are suggestive of Lymphoproliferative disorder. Histological examination is mandatory for diagnostic confirmation and exclusion of Hodgkin's Lymphoma."

However I do not have any symptoms that matches Hodgkin's Lymphoma disease other than swelling painless ball in my neck. So kindly suggest if the Hodkin's disease is positive.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As the report says, it's mandatory to diagnose what the swollen lymph node. The only way to find a ln exact answer is through biopsy. There are other factors, how long have you had it, is it hard, fixed. These are questions you should ask to yor doctor.
    • Posted

It is movable and It's has been nearly 1 and half months as per my knowledge. However I prefer to check with another E.N.T doctor for FNAC test for my satisfaction. Thank you for your reply.
    • Posted

That's a good idea, just my opinion but I would go for a full on biopsy because a FNAC is not as accurate to diagnose Hodgkins Lymphoma. Results can come inconclusive. Talk to your doctor about it. How big is this swollen lymph node may I ask? You should also go for an ultrasound or CT scan to check if you have any other swollen lymph nodes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.