Hole in esophagus

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok, so,I've been posting a lot of craziness on here but I really can't help it.

I've been having pain on the right side of my,chest like towards my sternum. If you've read my previous post you know what I'm talking about. Anyways it seems that the pain does get relieve when I burp but sometimes it feels like it's sore.

I do take Famotidine for heartburn. And way before my anxiety started I had acid reflux (sometimes not every time I ate). I don't feel like its helping. Whe, I drink gi,her it seems to be relieve and I burp up a storm. But I'm afraid it's something else like esophagus perforation (hole in the esophagus) I read that it was rare but I can't stop thinking about it.

I had 2 chest xrays 2 set of blood work, 1 urine test and 1 ekg done and every thing was normal, all the numbers for the blood test was normal aor a little lower than normal.

It doesn't hurt when I breath, I haven't been coughing up blood or vomiting, haven't really been experiencing the acid reflux, breathing is ok. But I feel like I can feel my food or drink going down

Idk what to make of it and my,anxiety is making me worry

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have a similar symptom. I feel soreness when i breathe in deeply or swallow really hard. I'm convinced it's coming from my esophagus. Funny you say a hole - I was thinking the same thing earlier. Or like a huge area that's eroded.. I also have anxiety and sometimes all these symptoms become too overwhelming for me.

My throat is also really sore which makes swallowing uncomfortable.

• Posted

It's weird because I don't really have trouble swallowing but my voice does sound hoarse sometimes and that's whe, I get the sore throat but then it goes back to normal so idk what to make of it
  • Posted

Perhaps a CT scan would be more definitive. Not sure though if your insurance would cover it if all the other tests were negative.
  • Posted

I have had those symptoms with a small ulcer. Are your stools very dark?
  • Posted

No my stools are normally brownish

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.