Holiday anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I was away on holidays there last week and we had to go on a plane which I had not Been on since my anxiety started and omg I had no idea the effect it would have on me . I am a nervous flyer but I actually had a panic attack on the plane and thought I was going to die and took me a day to get over and to be honest stayed with me the whole holiday and going home was worse . I cannot believe this is what has become of me. Full of nerves heart palps sweating tears sore chest full of sadness. I am exhausted now and full of grief if anyone understands. Lying crying on bed now thinking why this happened to me even tho I kno I have ptsd anxiety

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry Laura. I am the same,when flying, so is my Hubby...he gets 8 diazapam off our DR just for the flight...I took a panic attack at the airport before I Passed through security...got myself  2 brandy and baileys..and they worked a treat..I sailed through..and before that I couldnt walk with the panic..I am not condoning alcohol ,by any means..I rarely drink..but most people are nervous about flying..and when your anxiety is high, it is a nightmare.most DRs understand this, and will give you something for the flight..xxx.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for reply I will have to get tablets the next time. The flight was only 2 hours but I don't know what happened me just freaked out. Hope this won't stop me travelling the world on holidays as it's my dream to see a lot of the world 🌎

• Posted

First im proud of you ...what an awful experience! Be proud you got through it. I carry xanax when i fly i think you should have some type of medication on an as needed basis. I wonder if a benadryl would have worked but its too late you have already went thru it, expect it to be a rough week. Its like an anxiety hangover. That was a bit traumatic. I can so relate to that. I rememeber once having a horrid time is a very overcrowded airport myself. I used a xanax to get thru it. How you did it solo shows me you are a very very strong person. These anxiety disorders, ptsd are rough stuff. If you are not in theraoy seriously consider it. Its unfair to walk this alone and very difficult.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa I have been to therapy for over a year and been on medication don't really think medication worded but therapy did help me understand my anxiety. I have had many trips to doctor over the last year but my nerves just not the same anymore. Will take me a while to get over the flight drama. Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Im not suprised you were shattered for a whole day, It is exhausting having a panic attack. The amount of adrenaline running through your body was like running a marathon.

You will get through this and come out stronger.

You did the holiday and dont let it spoil you doing it again.

Can you try some coping skills to help you. Or go and see your GP for some extra support.

Keep your chin up lovely xxxx

There is life after anxiety and you will get your's back xx

• Posted

Laura

It is all over now you are home and your flying has finished until the next one so I may be able to suggest something

Some Airlines run courses to help people with Anxiety related to flying, find the airline and off you go, I think British Airways do these courses, it was a while ago when I heard about this

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.