Honey Allergy

Posted , 2 users are following.

is anyone else here allergic to honey?? i have had anaphylactic reaction. Just wondering how you eat out....i have such anxiety after visiting a restaurant who i told about my allergy but thought because they didnt use honey it was ok but there was honey in the prepackaged salad dressing!!!!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

it's a tricky issue allergies to foods when eating out or grocery shopping in the boxed food and prepared food sections. although it is a ingredient used with foods, honey is not a main ingredient in many foods pre-prepared or restaurant's. It's not always a concern as other ingredients but always better to ask about prepared foods/restaurant's or read ingredients carefully listed on other foods purchased. Especially since honey can be a main ingredient in salad dressing , maybe stick to vinegar type dressings or if unsure have the dressing put in a side container and bring your own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.