Hopelessness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had Chair Malformation for 38 years. I have had 2 br as in surgeries . . The doctors.there is nothing more to do for me but keep me comfortable. I am a fighter and I am not throwing in the towel yet. Pray for me because prayers are more powerful than me d icing.

God's blessings to all

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Added you to my prayers! and I hope they make you comfortable. I have been suffering for 20 ish years but was only diagnosed 2 years ago. XX
    • Posted

Thank you. If you ever need to talk I am here for you. We have to be there for each other.

God's blessings to you

• Posted

I know how hopelessness can get you down. You have to fight it!!!! I've had it for 57 years. One decompression surgery later I have several symptoms back. I've had tests and all but logically there may be nothing else they can do because the cerebellum was already damaged too much. Or the brain stem. So we can't fix those things, we can sure enough NOT let Chiari take us down!!!! We are warriors!!!

• Posted

Thank you for words of encouragement. I will keep on fighting! !!

• Posted

I am going to lit my candle this morning (each norning I do it) but reading this, I will put you in my prayer, I am sure our heavenly father through Jesus Christ his begotten son will definitely endeavour our prayer. I have decompression 6 months ago, I was lucky that I think I am the successful one of the surgery, however my spine is killing me, but nothing to compare with my chiari prior to my operation, so I am glad that I have done it. My NS told me people who keep suffering after the surgery is just because they do not want to accept the reality that after surgery, we have to take our life easily and accepted that it will never be the same. Lets us all chiarian keep in touch and encourage each other and think positive. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.