Horrible foot pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive had horrible foot pain in my right foot all week long. Wednesday was the breaking point for me that i finally pulled out my crutches to get around on them while I was home. I can feel it throbbing in the mid foot area of my foot. I currently have it propped up on two pillows to try and ease the pain. plus keeping the crutches near by when i need to get up . The throbbing in my foot has been going on since last night. Can't bend my toes with them making the pain worse than it is now. So what should I do ? Should I take myself to the ER and hobble in there on the crutches or just wait and see what's going to happen with it with me using the crutches ? I go to my family doctor a few days from now. I have a feeling Ill have to go in on the crutches when I see him if it does ease up.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Plantar fasciitis is very painful. In many cases it can be treated. I tried steroid shots in my feet and it didnt help.

In my case I went to a podiatrist after xrays diagnosed the issue then custom arch supports were added to new shoes with soft insoles . In my case I took out the insoles that came with the shoes out and added extra store bought cushions inside the shoes. Also rocker shoes takes the pressure off the heel and arches which helps realign the body and better gate . Rocker shoes resolved the pain right away. In time while walking only in rocker shoes , after a few months the issue resolved. In the meantime a frozen water bottle was used to roll under my arches to help stretch the arch. I also had spurs on the bottom of my heels. Icing feet and rest along with only wearing rocker shoes for treatment until pain resolved got me back to wearing regular shoes with arches and no more pain. In time feet will improve.

• Edited

I think mine is more arthritis related mire so than PF. Each time it's gotten bad enough to stay off the foot it's forced me to go on crutches for awhile. The pain is also on the top of my foot as well. Like you said it can be very painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.