Hospital tomorrow

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have to see my surgeon again tomorrow after a recent mri scan because he wants me to have surgery and I'm not to keen.

What questions do I need to be asking him?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare,

I can understand your dilemma as even I am being pushed towards the surgery option.

My questions were what is the success rate? Followed by how long will it take to recover and will it be the only surgery?

To be very honest, I wasn't happy with the answers. So I am very skeptic about having the surgery.

Try asking the doctor above questions and see how they react?

Good luck and keep us informed.

Regards.

• Posted

Depends on the level of  obstruction there is and what improvement they expect to see. Decompression would create more space, and so symptoms should be reduced significantly. However, in some cases, symptoms can return. In which case, other diseases should be considered. Surgery takes 4-5 hours. Then 4-5 days in the hospital. What did you MRI say?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.