How can I stop feeling like this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know it's not as simple an answer, but does anyone have any advice for how I can stop feeling so low?

I have an anxiety disorder so I think that it's making my current situation worse. Basically, at this current moment in my life I feel...lost? I don't know what the right word is.

My friends have all gone to university and we rarely talk anymore, I have my boyfriend which I'm so greatful for. However, I've been feeling so rubbish that I just feel numb. When I'm with my boyfriend I'm happy but not in the same way I was before. It's not a problem with the relationship, trust me i've had many cases of failing relationships and this isn't one of them, i love this guy. It's me. 

When i'm at home, I don't find anything I normally do fun anymore. For example, i used to be quite happy watching netflix, reading, playing guitar, even just sitting outside. I used to be happy doing all those things. But now anything I do doesn't make me happy. I have no motivation to do anything. I don't even have the motivation to go to the doctors. I feel so pathetic for that.

I feel so numb and low and just generally really rubbish. I don't really know what i'm hoping to hear but does anyone have any advice? I'm sorry if the above didn't make any sense...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Seems like you know what you need to do.. Go see your doctor.
    • Posted

I wish i could but it's not that simple 
  • Posted

Hi becky

i am new to this site, and I really know how you are feeling, I am reading a book by Lucinda Bassett from pier to panick, I have suffered a few times with depression and anxiety so I do know how you feel  , try to take each moment at a time and keep saying to yourself I will get better

• Posted

I don't know the answer but I can feel you are grieving for your friends and feel as if you don't exist any more.They haven't forgotten you they are wrapped in a bubble with their new lives xx are you working?
    • Posted

i'd say feeling like i don't exist anymroe is a pretty acurate way of describing it. I do work, but not much as i'm struggling to cope with work as well as college. I'm doing a foundation at college instead of uni, i've met some nice people there but i wouldn't call them friends. I think my friends leaving triggered it but i'm just feeling so uselss and unmotivated...i need to spice up my life but dont know how basically haha xx
  • Posted

Hi, Becky...What you are describing is more depression than anxiety.  Please see a doctor asap and get some meds for your condition.  It may only get worse if you let it take over your life.  I've been there, and I am speaking from experience...Hugs and God bless....
  • Posted

hi becky

​i total understand what you are saying, i was exactly the same, and i could not get a doctor to visit me and i never went to them i was so ill with the dam awefull condition,had enough, never left home , coudn't, lost 2 stone, and many other things, 20 weeks plus and now in a different place, yet i dont know if it was the medication or the time limit to make myself much better,you will get there , take care

• Posted

Becky you are describing depression, which is an illness. Your GP can help with advice and provide you with options on how to overcome it. Depression can be measured and this will ensure things are taken seriously. In the first instance get support from loved ones by regulalrly talking about how you are feeling. Depression not only affects the individual but the people around us. There is great help available and your doctor will give you the best advice. Be kind to yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.