How can I tell if I am in the 'thawing' stage of frozen shoulder?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My shoulder range-of-motion is still highly restricted. However, I do not have continuous or even near-continuous pain. I only experience pain if the shoulder is moved beyond its current limits in terms of range of motion.

Is this thawing?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi rajesh

sounds like you are over the hill with the FS . have you passed the zingger pain stage. if the pain is just at the end of range and the sudden movements do not trigger that pain ( everyone knows that pain ) from a frozen joint.

but important keep on stretching the joint to encourage max ROM. you need to break that scar tissue down. and do not dwell keep it as active as possible in a kind way as not to start an ache off.

also look after the other shoulder. keep that in check as well to avoid a second one. can tell you having two together is impossible to sleep with.

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.