How hard is it for us to look after our bones?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think I have it covered then learn we need another ingredient to help our bones. Copper is the latest one I have learnt about. You don't much apparently but some is necessary.

Should we take zinc all the time or take breaks?

Add a few quality exercises and at least we are trying to help ourselves.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take them alternately, chelated copper one day and zinc the next. Apparently there can be some interaction if you take them both together and since the amounts are so small, it seems a little silly to take risks.
  • Posted

Eat well.  Get these micronutrients from your diet.  Mother Nature knows best.
    • Posted

Do you take any vitamins at all other than in your food Anhaga?
    • Posted

I do indeed, Kathleen.  I take calcium with the usual extras.  I had to stop the D3 separate capsule as I was getting a dangerously high level of D.  I take a complete vitamin E, and glucosamine (1000 mg twice a day) for osteoarthritis, and Vitamin B complex every two days.  I take Vitamin K2 twice a day.  I take liquid iron because of long standing iron deficiency, although interestingly that has improved since I cut back on the Vitamin D.  I think it may have something to do with the non-symptomatic sarcoidosis. I did take some magnesium during the summer when I was afraid of what all that extra D was doing to my calcium metabolism, but now I just have the occasioanl Epsom salts bath to get a little extra magnesium.  But when it comes to the things we only need in tiny amounts I really feel unless there's been a real deficiency found it's probably better and safer to get them through our food.  On top of everything else I wouldn't want to have to be worriying I was taking too much zinc.  Or too much copper.  Which is it?  Just eat food!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.