How I healed my anal fissure after 2 years of suffering

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, just wanted to share my story here. I have been on this site many times when I was suffering from anal fissure for 2 years. its a long story but I want to just focus on how I healed and what finally worked. I see a lot of people going for surgery and I would highly recommend you try the steps below before you do. I have tried almost everything you can think of and here is what worked in steps below.

1. break the cycle. Go on a 2 day water fast followed by 5 days of juice fast. it worked for me. the idea is not to poop or atleast the hard poop and rest your anal muscle for a few days so they start healing. take a laxatives or stool softener to avoid constipation. see step 6

2. Most important: Cut all fiber out of your diet. I eat mostly meat, eggs, white bread and rice. This i what think is the reason why I finally healed. All my doctors (I saw 2 different doctors and 2 surgens) have told me to eat fiber eat more fiber fiber fiber... and every time I add more fiber I remember my fissure would hurt evan more and it made things a lot worse. I think doctors are screwing people over there is a research paper on cutting fiber heals constipation if someone wants to research look it up on google. So no fiber or very little fiber until you heal 3-6months.

3. anal dilation start with your one finger insert in butt for 10 mins and keep stretching anal everyday 1-2 times daily. Slowly move to 2 fingers and more if you can, you can also buy anal plugs from Amazon which can make this easy do this for 3 mon atleast.

4. wash your butt after ever bowl movement and I mean really wash it get in there and clean it wash but don't be rough. wash with warm water and always dry it after. only wear cotton underwear makes a difference no polyester.

5. Try diltazium cream - honestly I'm not sure if it made a difference but I was using it while I healed so I want to mention it. I have used other similar prescriptions before which did nothing for me.

6. Take a stool softener that is safe for long term use. Make sure it stool softener not harsh laxatives. take daily for a month and than adjust to as needed.

Avoid or reduce caffeine, spicy food and anything that irritate bowls. Other thing that worth trying include pure aloe vera gel, sudo cream (baby rash cream) and sitz bath but these are less important to overall healing.

the most important thing is be patient and stick to the routine and don't miss a single day. follow all the steps and i really believe it will work for most if not all. it takes time to heal some people may need 6 mon to 1 year to completely heal.

Good luck to all battling with this disease.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

how are you feeling? did you cured your fissure completely or you had any comebacks?

• Posted

would you say that 1 day of fasting followed by 3 days of juicing and bone broth would give the desired results? I've already lost 15 lbs. in three months post botox injections and anal skin tag removal surgery awould you say that 1 day of fasting followed by 3 days of juicing and bone broth would give the desired results? I've already lost 15 lbs. in three months post botox injections and anal skin tag removal surgery and the doctor says the fissure still hasn't healed. I do still have pain, but I'm not sure if it is coming from the fissure or the tag from the surgical site.nd the doctor says the fissure still hasn't healed. I do still have pain, but I'm not sure if it is coming from the fissure or the tag from the surgical site.

• Posted

Your post gives me a lot of confidence. How long did you take in total to heal? Were there episodes of retears in between duing healing process? Did retear mean blood and pain or was it just either or both of them?

The myth of 6 weeks makes fissure chronic etc does not seem to be true in your case.

I am assuming you finally healed naturally without surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.