How I overcame my PLMD

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about 2 year, I had difficulty going and staying asleep that consisted of Hypnic Jerks and a sleep study that diagnosed me with having PLMD. My neuro prescribed me with Gabapentin,that I decided not to start, after reading the many horror stories on-line about how it can change your mood and personality, and how you can quickly build a tolerance to it that could take you down a dark path. Instead, I did online research and have learned from my own personal experience that through a diet low in both glucose (high carbs and sugars) and sodium, both my Hypnic Jerks and PLMD have completely disappeard. I am so thankful to God for getting me through those dreadful disorders that nearly destroyed my soul and health - commonly getting 0-2 hours of sleep per night. Cut out the sodas, MSD, soy sauce or other fermented products like pickles and parmesan cheese, and tomato sauces; those impacted me the most. I know how dreadful this condition is. Please change your diet and you will see great results! Good luck!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have had restless leg since my early thirties. And I have taken gabapenten since ... I have tried requip and that did not work . Since it has become a controlled substance the dr wants me to try something else . The last couple years it has not been working . I am not sure what they will have me try but after reading this I am going to try and change my diet . RLS is horrible ! 

Thanks for sharing your story 

• Posted

Hi, I am going to give it a try too. Can you eat tinned tomatoes and concentrated tomato (paste) or is it just tomato thsy affects you?

How long have you been without PLMD ?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Linah

I am also suffering from restless legs also so you cut out all carbs gluten and sugar and salt that will be so hard    Does not leave much else to eat does it.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.