How is everyone doing these days ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All

Reading all the past posts, especially the older ones, helped me through 2 home detox's this year, where I first tapered for a week as advised and then detoxed for a week. A lot of advice on this forum helped me with the alcohol withdrawal symptoms and also gave me some reassurance that the acute withdrawal symptoms would subside eventually after about 4-5 days and then improve week by week. It's been just over 4 weeks now off "The Sauce" AGAIN and my insomnia/broken sleep has practically gone thank God, which is usually the last thing for me to get back to normal. Still some mild anxiety infrequently but manageable, that's the main reason why I drink in the first place. The problem is when I start off with a few beers, with good intentions to keep it at that, it just escalates over time until I'm drinking 3-4 bottles of beer when I wake up to to ease the withdrawal. Then after a few weeks I'm up to 6-9 beers plus 1-2 bottles of red wine a day.

So I'm just wondering how are all the old members doing now?...especially MISSY? .... since I followed her ups and downs on her journey because her alcohol issues and drinking habits are/were similar to my own. The last I read was that she came out of a 9 day hospital detox and was back attending AA meetings again. She also mentioned about joining a different forum. It would be great to hear from any of the old members with any up dates and if ANYONE knows how MISSY is doing now. I guess no news is possibly good news. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well and still battling on. Hope to get some replies but if not thanks to everyone on here for their advice and sharing their own experiences over the years. It really helped just knowing that I was not the only one going through this during some really tough days this year. Best of luck to you all and take care.

Tommy

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Great to hear from you and you seem to be on the right track. No news from Missy and let us hope that she is coping well. Remember her well since i have been here seven years and posted 1300 times. End of December I will be nine years sober! Soon ten which will be a milestone! Too much to live for to consider starting again. Keep well and keep going! All the best from Robin

• Posted

Thanks Robin

Great to hear from you. Well done on your sobriety, it ain't easy right. I truly hope Missy and all you guys are doing well, keep it going.

Best regards,

Tommy

• Edited

I'm still ok. Like Robyn, I've been completely sober for quite a few years now. But I keep an eye on this site to see if I can help and also to help me get over the 'one drink won't matter, ' temptation. Always harder this time of year! In fact, it's my birthday today (6th Dec.) and my wife has just poured a v and t to celebrate, but I'm ok. Keep up the good wotk!

• Posted

Good Stuff The Toad

Happy Birthday. Thanks for your reply. Yeah my birthday is coming up also on 18 Dec so that's always a temptation, ANY excuse to have a drink, that's the way my brain works. My problem is when I start I can't stop...it's never just one beer, God dam it! You are doing so great even with your wife pouring a G/T. Stay strong and keep posting to inspire others.

Thanks

Tommy

• Posted

Lol. It wasn't the booze that gave me a bad night. It was the birthday cottage pie followed by far too much trifle and chocolates. Oh well, I'll take it easy today. Maybe ...

• Edited

Hey

It would be great to hear an update from all the rest of you guys... Vickylou and Paperfairy and everyone else please chime in with your own update. Love to hear from you.

Tommy

• Posted

Anyway...

No word from the rest of you old warriors. I thought I'd try and revive things for old time sake with limited success, thanks to Robin (as always) and The Toad for the replies. I did think RHGB would comment, who was always wise and informative but I guess who wants to visit the past again right! Anyway, if anyone knows about Missy please let me know. I guess no news is good news right. I'll still check in here once in a while, whoever reads or posts here.

Take care out there folks and stay strong.

Tommy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.