How long do I wait until I could dance again?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Three weeks ago I was dancing in my room. All of a sudden, I fall down and I get this pain in my foot. I thought I pulled a muscle so I didn't see a doctor. After two days, my foot didn't seem to fell any better, then so I scheduled a doctor's appointment. He did an x-ray and it turned out I had fractured a bone in my foot.

I got a cast and I had it for about three weeks. I recently got it off, two days ago, and my fracture is fully healed. I want to know when it's safe to start dancing again (I do ballet). My foot is still getting adjusted to not having a cast on it, and my heel is still a little sore. Please inform me what time would be the safest to start doing ballet again. Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do believe its 6-8 weeks after the cast is removed just to prevent re injuring it.
  • Posted

Probably best to ask your Dr. Which bone did you break? I am 2 weeks into a fractured metatarsal (1st) and hoping I can get rid of this stupid boot soon!!!
  • Posted

Hi Penny

Just out of interest, have you started dancing again yet? I am surprised that your plaster came off after only 3 weeks. I now have a simple wrist fracture (just a line on the xray on the radius). I am wondering whether I will need the cast for the full 6 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.