How long does it last ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 44. For the past 3 weeks I have been having trouble with my left leg. It started with general weakness and a heavy/numb feeling especially after a long walk. Then pain down leg but mainly in the top of my foot. It hurts in most positions but seems worst when lying down in bed. I dont even know if this is sciatica but if it is how long does it last and does it go away on its own or will i need therapy ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The only thing I can tell anyone with sciatic nerve pain is to change your habits. Adjust your seating, wear different cloths or shoes. Change your eating habits, because a bowl blockage can trigger sciatic nerve pain. The chairs we sit in, the seats we sit in while in our cars all have some part in triggering your pain. The meds you take, may make your pain worse or not last long enough. You'll have to test what works for you and it may take months or years to find the sweet spot. I've went through several different types of cloths and shoes in an attempt to find something that doesn't cause stress on my lower back which ends up causing the leg pain while driving. You may have to alter your seat to a more level position because if it is a "Bucket" seat, this will cut or apply more pressure to your legs thus cutting off blood flow ending in the never pain. For instance, I've went through 16 different chairs in an attempt to locate a chair I can sit in. This is something you'll have to explore on your own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.