How long does it take to work

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been prescribed 100mg tramadol 4 times a day for back pain but have felt no benefit at the moment and wondered how long they take to work, I was expecting some  reduction in pain after 2 doses.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would stop now before it becomes a bigger problem am taking for back pain and sciatica for 1 year and never complete pain relief plus for Me everything interacted badly with this medication and now dependant.
  • Posted

It took me a few weeks I've been on them 2 years for my back and Doc give me amitriptyline for night time I feel a lot better but they can be addictive though if it wasn't for work I would try to do without but I've got a very phiscal job

• Posted

Tramadol is works really immediately and effectively on any pain.Normally Tramadol should be prescribed by the doctor and since you are taking it 4 times a day then you should be consulting your doctor immediately because this may result in some serious side-effects and also Tramadol don't take much time to relieve pain.All the best!!!

• Posted

I hope you can find a different painkiller tramadol are very difficult to stop taking
  • Posted

If it does not help with the pain stop taking it.
  • Posted

I would seriously advise you to stop now especially if they arnt helping. I had the most awful time in them and then after quitting them. They have to be tapered off very slowly or you will go through he'll.

Sorry to sound so dramatic but I wouldn't want you to go through what I do.

• Posted

I agree totally side effects seem to last forever and not easy to cope with on a daily basis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.