How long does this go on...?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Ramipril for just 10 days and I am so tired. My eyes look like I have not slept for a week, (although I do sleep OK). My GP did not mention any side effects and I only discovered this when I Googled it.

So......How long does this go on? Will I ever start to feel 'normal' again?

I will give it 30 days and if I have the same problems, I will stop taking it.

I need to get back to work tomorrow.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I found that Rampiril made me feel detached from my surroundings & I also experienced dizzy spells. Amlodopine gave me water retention & swollen ankles. The meds made me feel as if I was looking at life through a slightly out of focus lens. I made a decision to stop taking them & to be honest I feel much better. I am now making real efforts to reduce my BP through natural methods i.e.dealing with stress, diet, exercise.

• Posted

Many thanks. I have no intention of staying on any BP drugs for a long time.
  • Posted

I've had Terrible side effects - tired, no energy ,insomnia,aching joints terrible cough and I'm asthmatic !

I feel your pain

Go back to your GP and see the alternatives as there are lots

Today I'm off Rampirol and now on

Lorsartan

The pharmacist was very helpful and is giving me a courtesy call on Saturday to see how I'm getting on

It's so difficult to know what to do for the best 😕

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply. I will go back to my GP and find out the alternatives. I feel like I have aged 20 years since taking this drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.