how long for tummy wounds to heal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies. Posted on here a couple of times now. And just want to say thank for the support....

This time i want to ask. Iv had a laproscopic procedure with 4 insitions... 3 are healing fine but the one down past my belly button isnt healing so well. Its painful and open slightly and ooses.. its 4 weeks today since my op. Just wondering if any of you have experienced this. Xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a cholecystectomy laparoscopically and it healed well but often there is one incision that gets weepy. You need a melolin dressing that you can put in the wound to stop it rubbing. It won't stick to the wound but will help to dry it xx
    • Posted

Thanks matron. Thats exactly what im doing... its mepore im using though. Just gonna keep an eye and hopefully it will heal soon. Ill go to see nurse if no better in a week. Xx
    • Posted

Well you're doing everything you can do and I know a nurse at the surgery will tell you exactly the same lee. They are reluctant to give antibiotics for this problem unless of course it got worse. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on xx
  • Posted

I've found that to be the insition that takes longest to heal with me also. It looked pretty unpleasant for a while. The stitches came off with the final scab. It has left a more obvious scar in comparison to the other wounds also. I got mine checked by my nurse just for peace of mind.

Hope it heals soon x

• Posted

Yeah its the only one causing me problems... its sore to touch too .. anyway im keeping it covered now so it dosent rub on my underwear or clothes... hopefully it will heal soon. . Thank you. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.