How much fluid a day when taking Tolvaptan?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

It’s about my mom:

69F, height 160 cm, weight 75 kg; Medication: Amlodipin, Candesartan, Moxonidin, Provastatin, Levetiracetam;

Non-Smoker;

Medical issues: Hypertension, Epilepsy, reoccurring Hyponatremia (since 2018 8 times incl. + once acute renal failure due to drinking only 1 l a day), Osteoporosis, Cholesterinemia, traumatic brain bleeding in 2008;

After my mom nearly died twice because of physicians’ mistakes I must sometimes question physicians’ decisions.

I hope you could help me.

My mom is about to be prescribed Tolvaptan 7,5 mg to be taken every third day as an alternative to always going to the hospital for infusions because of reoccurring

Hyponatremia despite fluid intake restriction.

The physician means my mom wouldn’t have to drink more water than usual (1.5 l) on the days of taking Tolvaptan 7,5 mg.

Can it be really right in some cases other than there are other reasons for fluid restriction other than reoccurring Hyponatremia?

It’s just that I have read that when taking Tolvaptan one should drink at least 3 l of water a day incl. 0.5 l before going to bed.

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.