How painful is the Stent remover? Please help me. Thank you!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'll have a stent remove tomorrow morning, and I don't know how is it going.....Could anyone help me please? Thank you!!!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

Hello erika96170, my Co workers friend that has kidney disease advised me that the day they tk out the stent tk your pain killer cuz sorry to say it's painful... so tk your pain killers before going to doc, good luck and let me know how it went...

• Posted

Hi, it's done, it's out, It was out within some seconds, it wasn't worse than when they removed the catheter, but this took a tiny bit longer. I feel a bit of a burning feeling after making wee in my urethra, maybe the curl of the stent irritated there when the nurse pulled it out using the sting.

• Posted

Hi

I can only speak for myself but ive had 3 stents removed at different times and none of them were painful at all.

It was over and done with within a matter of minutes and no pain what so ever.

As i say that was my experience but we are all different.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks, I have no pain now so when it is in, a lot of people sais it is very painful, sometimes it's just uncomfortable for me, I feel I need to go to the toilet every minute, so probably who feels the pain when the stent is in that person feels painful when it is removed.

• Posted

Hi, it's done, it's out, It was out within some seconds, it wasn't worse than when they removed the catheter, but this took a tiny bit longer. I feel a bit of a burning feeling after making wee in my urethra, maybe the curl of the stent irritated there when the nurse pulled it out using the sting.

• Posted

I heard mix reviews about it. Mostly no pain except slippery feeling while stent taken out.

Only discomfort feeling is when cystscope gets inserted to grab the stent.

Overall, nothing to worry!

• Posted

Also, plz let us know how it goes...
    • Posted

Hi, I have a string coming out so they will need to pull the string out. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thank you

• Posted

• Posted

I'm sorry you have to go through all this too.. How do you feel now with the stent in? It bothers some people , depending on the type of stent they put in..sad I have had several removed, they will usually numb the area, then pull it out. Mine hurt for about 10 seconds as they pull it out. But I have a lot of scar tissue too, and it was in for weeks.. So I am hoping you will have a easier timesmile put your mind some where else as they do it, or try lol. Once it was out for me anyways I felt a big relief!! Good luck!

• Posted

Lot of scar tissues..Just wondering your scar tissues didn't heal up with extra tissue to partially block the ureter tube. That's my concern with my tissueson where stone was stuck and broken out with laser

• Posted

Hi, My surgeon told me where the stone was it made the kidney swollen or the beginning of the ureter was swollen, I had a 2cmx1.7cm bigstone so after my PCNL when they tried to clamp the drainage bag, the urine couldn't go to the bladder. So that's why the surgeon inserted the stent a week after the surgery. He told me this swollen bit, but on the discharge paper it sais oedema should settle within 3 weeks. Anyway my stent has a long string at the end so there won't need to insert the cytoscope just pull out the stent. Hopefully the urine can go the the bladder, so the swelling or the oedema has gone. thanks for the reply

• Posted

Yes actually the scar tissue did cause a blockage on one of my emergency surgeries.. Along with the stone being to big to fit down the ureter. My ire yet was narrow and collapsed so they went in 3 years ago and cut it off and rebuilt it to my kidney. But I still have issues because the stones don't pass when they are little.. Then they get to big to pass. They will tell you to drink a lot of water, I do! But for some reason they just keep coming, but my parathyroid numbers were tested, and that said normal. Also I went in three months ago, at 124 for a weight and now weigh 142. I guess it is fluid retention.

• Posted

But if your stent is still in, then it will allow your kidney to drain. That's a good thing!!smile even if we do have scar tissue. Did they dialate your ureter too?

• Posted

Hi, The stent will be removed tomorrow. I have it in for 3 weeks. The surgeon told to my husband after the surgery that he tried to dialate a bit what was swollen during the surgery, I don't know whether he did the ureter, because how the surgeon told us, the swollen bit was at the beginning or the ureter, where that big stone was he told it was tight. But before the surgery I had protein all the times in my urine samples, but now I checked it last week and there is no infection no protein, so tomorrow when they remove the stent should everything be fine to drain to the bladder.

• Posted

• Posted

erika96170..I'm glad it didn't hurt you too much...was your string inside or outside??

• Posted

it was outside and it was at least 10-15cm long hook, so it was quite difficult to use the toilet paper, not to pull it out accidentlyeek

• Posted

Yay!!! I didn't realize you had the string one.. I'm do glad it all went ok!

• Posted

That's awesome for you erika96170 having the stent is painful enough..... unfortunately mine is inside that's Y they tell me taking my stent out is going to be painful, I'm not worried about that right now, since sonar blast on tues I haven't spit out any stones...anyone has anything I can do at home to spit them out.....take care erika96170

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.