How to get diagnosed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had my son 5months ago & since then ive had several gallbladder attacks i went to the GP and was told tht my symptoms could be due to all the moving around and changes of my body.

since then i have been trying to find out what could be wrong with me, my symtoms have been sickness, heat sweats, cold sweats, sharp pain up my right side of back & under ribs the only way i relieve the pain is by making myself sick then laying on a pipping hot water bottle then takes about 2hrs to slowly go away!

which results in me being knocked out sleeping due to the pain. my partner has sortve said i cant really diagnose myself but ive managed to get more sense out of google that my GP. what do i do?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I ended up self-diagnosing accurately (via Google) and insisted on a referral to a GI consultant. The first thing the consultant should be doing is sending you for a ultrasound scan that will easily rule in/out gallstones. If you have them, fully expect the next step to be gallbladder removal.

Not sure what country you are in but as soon as I mentioned to the GP that I would pay for consultant and scan, I was referred and scanned within 2 weeks!

• Posted

I had been generally unwell on and off for some years, the pain was quite bad, I took myself to A & E once, no help really, a doctor made a home visit on one occasion, still no help really. It came to a head in July 2022 when my wife had to call an ambulance, I had sepsis around the liver and gallbladder (it had been the gallbladder all along, yet never diagnosed) pumped full of antibiotics, two endoscopies, and had gallbladder out January 2023. The moral is, Google your symptoms if you suspect the pains may me related to your gallbladder suggest this to a G.P. don't wait for them to cotton on !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.