How to prevent another bartholin's gland cyst from forming

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I had a bartholin's gland cyst in March 2016 and it was really bad! It was drained by a doctor putting a legs needle in it after she tried numbing me with lidocaine. It shrunk with the combination of me using a probiotic and an herbal tincture my homeopathic doctor gave me. I was wondering what I could do to prevent this thing from growing? I still feel something there but it is small and I have felt this before but never thought anything of it until it flared up. Going to see my doctor tomorrow to see what t could be. I ask about prevention a because yesterday I went to the gym for the first time and wore tight leggings and the friction made me scared about whether it would cause a cyst to form. I'm also scared to be sexually active with my husband because I don't want to trigger anything. What could I do to prevent this from happening again? Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Erica,

Here's the topic I posted a couple of weeks ago - I finally was able to resolve these cysts internally using a combination of homeopathy and other things. You might have an iodine deficiency... as I think I do... In any case, here's what I wrote:

For all the women suffering with these – I have so much compassion for you! I’m 37 and I’ve had them six times in the past six years, and I feel desperate and devastated every time.

This last time I finally, finally managed to do something that worked and let me avoid the hospital. I basically gathered ALL the resources I could and did everything all at once so I’m not sure which of these things, or which combination of things, is what did it – but in any case the cyst resolved – as in was reabsorbed WITHOUT BURSTING – within four days, and I’m so, so grateful.

*a note that it’s really important to consult with a registered Naturopath or Homeopath to consider your specific situation.

But meanwhile this may help some of you.

Here’s what I did – I’ll list things in what I think is the order of most importance:

1. homeopathic protocol including:

- one dose of homeopathic calcarea fluorica 30 ch (for continued treatment, one dose a week)

- the cell salt version of calcarea fluorica 6x three times a day

- liquid iodine, Trophic brand, beginning with 10 drops the first day, 12 drops the second, 14 the third (continue with 14 drops / day)

------------ this might be enough for some people, but I had to add:

- Unda numbers 1, 20, and 243 (for help with lymph drainage): take 5 drops of #1, wait a minute, take 5 drops of #20, wait a minute, take 5 drops of #243, wait a minute – and repeat 3x/day

----- DO ALL THIS FOR THREE MONTHS -----

2. clay packs

- I used dry pure green clay (you can get it in health food stores in the cosmetic section, just make sure it doesn’t have anything added to it) and mixed it with enough water to make a paste. Mix the clay and leave it for at least an hour before using – it will keep indefinitely so no need to worry about mixing too much or leaving it (way) longer than an hour

- use a thin strip of cotton, place a pile of clay in the middle – enough to cover the whole cyst area, about 1cm deep

- place the clay directly against the cyst

- cover the cotton with a strip of wool

- put underwear overtop

----- CHANGE THE CLAY PACK EVERY HOUR OR EVERY TWO HOURS DURING THE DAY, OK TO LEAVE IT ON LONGER AT NIGHT

3. 1 dose of homeopathic Pulsatilla 200ch (for pain)

4. Chinese herbs

- I was taking a herbal formula (tea) prescribed by a TCM practitioner for cleansing the liver and strengthening the kidneys (again, it’s important to be diagnosed in person by a TCM doctor to get the right combination of herbs for you)

5. Avoiding alcohol, sugars, dairy, gluten, other things you think you might be sensitive to

6. sitz baths with salt (not epsom, sea salt), and tea tree and lavender essential oils

* of all these things, the homeopathic protocol was by far the most important, so you could just try that. Or the clay packs.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much ohsilver! I'm going to show my homeopathic Doctor your post tomorrow and see what she says. You're awesome! I'll update you tomorrow smile

So these haven't returned once in your life since? Do you still take these things and will you continue to for the rest of your life?

• Posted

hi erica,

you're so welcome - if some of what i've come across can help someone else, i'm so glad (i've spent my fair share of time combing these forums for something - anything! - that might help, and when this worked for me, i wanted to share it right away).

it hasn't been that long for me since this treatment worked - only two months cyst-free - so i can't say this method is surefire until much more time has passed. but the thing that feels different about this time, and that amazed me, is that the cyst resolved from the inside - i.e. didn't ever burst, but got reabsorbed - this felt like a huge new step in my body dealing with it and i'm hopeful. 

i will continue to take the iodine for the next several months and then check in with my naturopath again - as for the unda numbers, i finished the bottles i had and he told me that was enough for now; and the other things, cell salts and homeopathic calc. fluor, i stopped taking when the cyst resolved.

i only used the pulsatilla for pain... so i'm not taking that anymore; and i finished the 10 days of the chinese herbs, so i'm off those now too.

good luck to you (and everyone else)

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.