How to soften morning stool?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been dealing with an anal fissure for about three weeks. I've been mostly successful in softening stools consistently but one that always hurts is my first movement of the morning. I get a lot of fibre and and I drink a lot of water but obviously not overnight. I did read that the longer a stool stays in the colon the more it dries out. Has anyone figured out away to get the stool out while it's soft? I've tried getting up early to drink a bunch of water bit that hasn't really worked. My next strategy is doing a full movement one of the times I inevitably get up to go to urinate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

a tablespoon of olive oil before bed. it will provide lubrication in your intestines and help it slid out. I mix mine with half a glass of water, works like a charm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.