HSP effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello, I was 18 years old when I was diagnosed with HSP. And I've been suffering from it for the past 2 years since I moved in the US. It all started when I had an anxiety attack and after weeks I got tiny rashes, I thought it's just an insect bite. So I didn't mind it and went to a roadtrip, I visited many states and after that roadtrip I was shocked about how my rash flare up. So I went to an urgent care, and I was diagnosed with HSP. The doctor told me that it'll be gone for weeks. He did a bloodwork and it is all normal so he didn't prescribed any medications to me. Weeks went by, I had a hard time sleeping and walking and I was experiencing abdominal pain, so I was rushed in the ER. They had me do bloodwork again and urine test, ultrasounds and so on, and the result are all normal. The doctor told me it is HSP same goes as the doctor in the urgent care, they both didn't prescribed me any medication. Months passed by and the rash are still there, I don't know what to do anymore, so I went to a dermatologists he did a biopsy and after that he prescribed me prednisone and fluocinonide for the rash. but still none of the medication worked. And up until now I still have rashes in my arms and all over my legs to my buttocks. After doing a lot of research, I saw that HSP can possibly affect your kidney so I asked my primary doctor if I can see a nephrologist just to check if my kidneys are normal, as of now I am still waiting for the nephrologists to see me.

Any tips on how to lessen the rash? I am a college student and I have a part time job too, these rashes are affecting my daily life. How long this HSP last?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.