HSP rash got better now worse

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. My 5 year old was diagnosed with HSP about 1 month ago. The rash was inherited lower legs. It almost disappeared last week but today it is back and on the tops of her legs, feet and buttocks. It looks so awful. She is ok in herself and has been going to school. I'm just wondering how long the rash usually stays for and should I be worried or not? Thanks xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My daughters rash would almost go away & then appear again. It was very frustrating. When she was more active, the rash would be worse. Make sure that her urine & blood tests continue so that they can monitor her. My daughters first bought lasted about 6 weeks. She had it again about a month & a half later.  That time it lasted about 12 weeks but she had much milder symptoms.  HSP is different for everyone. Hope you daughter recovers quickly!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes, just as you think it is fading it returns worse than ever. It’s so frustrating. My daughter has been missing school with a cold.  I think she has the cold though just because of the time of year. She was poorly all over winter last year. I try and restrict physical activities. She’s been tired lately anyway but I can’t say that she can’t do games and PE in school. The teachers have been told about the HSP and if she has joint pain to let me know. It’s tough! I find myself examining my daughters legs when she’s asleep. She hates me looking otherwise. Thanks for letting me know about your daughter. Hope she’s fully recovered now? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.