huge and unwanted vain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,  I'm forty year's and about twenty years ago a  very large vain appeared on the left hand side of the shaft of my penis. I was referred to a urologist by my G.P and had surgery where he tied the vain off in a number of places, unfortunately there was no improvement and I gave up hope on ever fixing the problem.

l was wondering if anyone out there has heard of any procedure that may help my condition .       Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have a lot of veins on my penis and they get more pronounced when I'm erect. I don't think it is anything to worry about unless the vein causes you discomfort or pain.
    • Posted

Thanks you for you reply,  it's true that there is no pain, but it's worse than you may think. I have no sex life because of this as I am too embarrassed to show a partner, am I alone with this problem, can nobody help
    • Posted

Hi, I have the same issue. I'm 29 years old. I saw my gp, who told me that I had nothing to worry about. He said that it was likely due to trauma and they may sort themselves out on their own. I thought this was rather vague, but have read a lot of forums where people discuss the changes with penis veins as they age.

My problem started after an extended masturbation session. After a couple of hours my penis swelled up and took a few days to return to normal size. When it did, the veins were very pronounced. The vein on the left side in my case is the dorsal vein and all the others connected to it are also enlarged. Doesn't really cause me any problems so I am just leaving it alone as much as possible.

• Posted

I have the same vein on my shaft and also one on top of my shaft.

The more profound the vein is the more blood flow to the penis. The bigger the veins the harder you erection should be (more blood flow) the bigger the erection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.